Why did I decide to create “Black Man, M.D.”?
- To help crush negative stereotypes.
- To help air my thoughts out as I happily trudge thru medical school and to share my ongoing story with whoever cares to listen.
- To help keep me sane throughout this brutal, yet rewarding journey.
- To help quell the fears of many students out there who have dreams of obtaining a medical degree, but don’t know what to expect in medical school.
- To help create an online presence for men, especially minority men, looking to enter the medical field.
- To provide a unique and not-too-commonly heard perspective of medical school.
- To provide a more optimistic outlook of life as a medical school student, in contrast to the negative reputation it commonly receives from a large number of people.
- To prove that you can still live a great and exciting life even as a medical student. No need to make yourself miserable.
- To try and catalyze positive thinking in the minds of the readers.
- To represent the fact that I’m a young, Black man working to become a physician as well as the fact that I’m just like any other medical student with a story and a background.
- To hopefully serve as some type of inspiration to the readers, whether or not they want to enter the medical field.
- To provide a source of genuine entertainment for both myself and the readers.
Now as for myself, I’m a first-generation American with Cameroonian roots who was born in Boston and raised in Virginia. I attended college at the University of Miami and earned my medical degree from the Wake Forest School of Medicine. I am now a first-year Pediatric Resident at the University of North Carolina. Feel free to join me as I vibe on this ride we call life.
If you would like to reach me for whatever reason, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just leave a comment on any of my posts!
Below, you’ll find links that can connect you to some other sites that I’ve been featured on so far!
And last but not least, here’s a link to a parody I penned some time ago. I was inspired by Drake and Step 1. Just to warn you, there’s a good chance you’ll laugh! 😂