The Desire To Inspire Scholarship is a one-time financial award of $1000 that is dedicated to recognizing a young individual from a historically underrepresented minority group who is interested in a career in healthcare and is making a determined effort to inspire others in some way, shape or form. The award can be used for educational purposes and/or for the purpose of pushing their mission of inspiration forward.
After the submission deadline has passed (June 2nd, 2019), each application will be thoroughly reviewed by multiple judges, all of whom will use the following criteria to judge the applications:
- CV/Resume Quality
Each applicant will receive a score from each judge, and these scores will then be averaged into one single score for the applicant. Once each application has been reviewed and every score has been tallied, the five applicants with the highest scores will advance to the voting round. These finalists will be notified of their selection and will take part in an online voting competition to help determine the winner of the scholarship. This competition also serves two other purposes:
- It provides these incredible students a way to share with the world what they are doing to inspire others around them.
- It gives the public the chance to actively participate in a scholarship process that was funded by them.
The competition will take place on a separate page on this blog, that of which will host the pictures of the five finalists, links to their scholarship question answers, and a poll that will allow voters to make their selections. The outcome of the voting competition will constitute 10% of the overall score, with the judges’ scores constituting 90% of the overall score.
After the competition ends, the final scores will be tallied and the winner of the inaugural Desire To Inspire Scholarship will be officially announced. The winner will receive the scholarship check via mail and each of the five finalists will receive a certificate. In the unlikely event of a tie, the scholarship will be split between the individuals engaged in it.
- Scholarship Application Submission Deadline: Sunday, June 2nd at 11:59 PM EST
- Finalist Notification: Monday, July 22nd, 2019
- Start of Voting Competition: Wednesday, July 24th, 2019
- End of Voting Competition: Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- Announcement of The Desire To Inspire Scholarship Winner: Thursday, August 1st, 2019
- High School Junior or Senior in the 2019-2020 school year
- Member of a historically underrepresented minority racial or ethnic group (Black/African-American, Native American, and/or Latinx-American)
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.5
The questions and instructions found in the scholarship application can also be found below for your convenience:
- In 500 words or less for each question, answer the following two questions:
- What does inspiration mean to you and how would you use your platform in your future career to inspire others?
- What are you currently doing to inspire those around you?
- In up to three sentences, describe what you would do with the scholarship award if you were to receive it.
- Submit each of these items to email@example.com once you submit your application:
- A professional headshot of yourself
- An updated CV or Resume
- A transcript from your institution (Unofficial or Official)
- Submit the completed application by Sunday, June 2nd, 2019
- A completed application includes:
- Submitted answers via the application form
- Submission of the items requested above
- A completed application includes:
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF OUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS!!!